- MSQ online and in-person Events
- The Event website and any relating subdomains
- MSQ social media channels/pages and blogs
- MSQ Platform and any related subdomains
- MSQ Spaces
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
What is Personal Data?
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, your name, telephone number, address, and email address.
What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information we collect directly from you: This is the personal data you provide us when using our Services. For example when you sign up to receive a newsletter, register to attend an Event, or when you make inquiries about advertising with MSQ. This type of information may include your name, email address, user name, telephone number, date of birth, and other content you submit to our Services, and any other information you provide voluntarily to us. The profile information that you choose to provide to MSQ (or third-party networking application you’ve opted into during the Event) might be accessible to other attendees of the Event, subject to your settings.
- Information we collect from other sources: We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. For example information from your social media accounts, public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, household information, consumer and market research data, purchase behaviour and preferences, and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests. The aforementioned processing of personal data may also be based on legitimate interests of MSQ.
For Which Purposes Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the Terms and Services and provide you with the required Service or information.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have consented to the processing which consent may be revoked at any time.
- Where you have made the information manifestly public.
- Where necessary in the public interest.
- Where necessary to protect your vital interest.
The following purposes are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide access to networking applications, facilitate information sharing with other attendees and partners with your consent and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Event;
- Determine the popularity of certain sessions and content during an Event;
- Provide you with Services that you request from us;
- Communicate regularly with you to inform you about service updates, content, special offers, and advertisements that may be of interest to you;
- Contact you if this is required to perform our Services;
- Inform you about changes in our Services and our Platform;
- Send you an invoice for our Services;
- Resolve consumer issues and issues with our Services;
- Improve your customer experience on our websites and Platform;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our networks and Services;
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalised offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Connect you with other attendees and MSQ’s partners during the Event; Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs;
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- Create external marketing & analytics reports;
- Market our Services and use and distribute footage and photographs in order to highlight your participation in our Services and for other legitimate business purposes;
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our network; and
- Analyze the characteristics of our customers at an aggregated level and customer utilization of our Services in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing Services, to design new Services, and for business development.
Will We Share Your Personal Data With Other Parties?
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others.
- To any third party in order to fulfil the agreement between you and MSQ.
- To any other third party (for example speakers, sponsoring companies, and other attendees at the Event) with your prior permission to do so.
Special Information for Parents
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy and do not intend for our Platform to be used by anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years old and you wish to use our Platform in any way which requires you to submit your personal data, please get your parent or legal guardian to do so on your behalf.
You can sign up to receive our newsletter via the Platform. If you do not wish to receive the newsletter any longer, you can use the unsubscribe link in every newsletter.
How Do We Protect the Personal Data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through the Platform is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected for unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your Privacy Rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you have the right to data portability and you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data.
Links To Other Websites
How Can You Contact Us?